F# Web Tools
The goal of the project is to deal with the following three essential problems that authors of "Ajax" based web applications have to deal with:
- Discontinuity between server and client side - "Ajax" applications are written as two separate parts (one running on the client and second on the server) that need to communicate often, but currently it is possible to do it only using web services or similar technologies. In F# Web Tools where the code for both parts is written in a single file, you can simply use function calls.
- Components in web frameworks are only server-side - Finally, writing "Ajax" style applications in object-oriented frameworks (like ASP.NET) is difficult, because there is no way for implementing interactions between components that should occur on the client side. In F# Web Tools the 'component' can expose both client and server-side methods and events that can be used for defining these interactions.
- F# Web Tools Project - CodePlex
- Rich client/server web applications in F# - Draft paper about the project
- Ajax-style Client/Server Programming with F# - Slides from the presentation at MSR Cambridge